Springtime is an excellent time to focus on purifying the air in your home. After what is usually a quiet time for allergy sufferers, spring allergies pop up as often/as plentiful as daffodils. Creating clean air in your home as contaminant-free as possible is an effective way to help keep your family healthy.
Dust mites, allergens and chemicals from a variety of cleaners can lead to impurities in the air you breathe at home. Keeping your home clean can be a challenge with work commitments, kids’ activities, grocery shopping and more. But there are some easy ways to improve air quality.
- Have your air conditioner serviced early in the season. It is usually easier to schedule a routine maintenance call in early spring, before the summer heat sets in and HVAC techs get booked up.
- Keep your home’s humidity levels in check: a healthy range is around 30-50%. Lee technicians can share information about installing whole-house dehumidifiers. Controlling the humidity helps keep dust mites, mold and other allergens under control.
- Vacuum frequently. A vacuum with a HEPA filter is most effective at collecting dust mites, pet dander and other irritants. Lee can also install air cleaners to provide more protection.
- Be sure that shoes are either removed when you enter your home, or at the very least, wiped on a clean door mat placed just outside your door. You want to keep as much dirt and germs off of your home’s floors as possible.
- The ductwork in your home can harbor lots of contaminants that you might not see or think about. Springtime is a good time to have your ducts professionally cleaned.
Following these simple steps can help you and your family members breathe easier. Contact the Lee team today to schedule your HVAC maintenance and your ductwork cleaning!