Tips for Prepping Your HVAC for this Spring & Summer
Preparing your home’s HVAC system for the spring and summer months is important for staying comfortable throughout the season. Your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system plays a crucial role in regulating the temperature within your home. To ensure that it works efficiently and effectively during the warmer months, here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Numerous wise homeowners shield their outdoor AC condensers with covers, safeguarding the units from the harsh onslaught of Wisconsin’s frigid winters. Remember to free your outdoor AC condenser from the protective embrace of its cover, blanket, or lid, as keeping it on could wreak havoc on your cooling system.
- Take a moment to survey the terrain around your unit – Mother Nature may have left a few surprises, like vegetation and debris. Don’t let these unwelcome guests hinder your condenser’s heat transfer process. Clear the area and enjoy an optimally performing AC system to stay cool during those hot summer days.
- Don’t let your thermostat be a neglected hero! Remember to give it some love and attention by checking its controls at the start of each heating or cooling season. You might even have to calibrate this crafty device to ensure optimum performance. Are you tempted to embrace the future? Upgrade to a programmable Lennox thermostat for seamless seasonal transitions, ensuring you stay comfortable all year!
- Replacing your filters every one to three months can help ensure your HVAC system runs smoothly. Replacing air filters during the spring and summer is imperative since they tend to collect more dirt and dust while the windows are open more often due to warmer weather.
- Cleaning the condenser and evaporator coils in your HVAC system will help reduce the energy it takes to cool your home. Dirty coils can make your HVAC system work harder, increasing energy bills.
- Inspecting your ductwork and sealing any leaks is another essential step for preparing your HVAC system for summer. Leaky ducts can waste up to 30 percent of the air that passes through them, causing your AC unit to run longer and more often than necessary to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
- Having a professional HVAC technician inspect your system before summer is a great way to ensure it runs optimally. Trust Lee’s certified HVAC wizards to scrutinize every inch of your system! From refrigerant levels to elusive electrical connections and beyond, we’ll unmask issues that homeowners frequently overlook. They can check for problems that could lead to higher energy bills or insufficient cooling. We can also perform general maintenance on the system, like checking temperatures, pressure levels, and electrical connections.
One of the best ways to prepare your home for summer temperatures is to update your heating and cooling with a new Lennox system. Lennox products are known for their ability to keep the air in your home perfectly comfortable. All Lennox products come with industry-leading warranty coverage to bring you peace of mind.
As a Lennox premier dealer, our technicians are Lennox trained and fully certified to work on your system, carrying out routine maintenance, repairs, and full installations specific to this brand.
By preparing your HVAC system for the spring and summer months, you’ll be able to enjoy a comfortable home with lower energy bills throughout the season. If you have any questions about properly maintaining your HVAC system or would like assistance preparing it for warmer weather, contact Lee Mechanical today!